Friday, February 5, 2010

While my writing has been mostly focused on finding Joy through out my day, today I find Joy in looking forward to the future. My beautiful friend, Rudy, is coming to visit me during her family spring break and I have much Joy visualizing her here with me. I will write more about this as the anticipation builds for when we can spend time together.

As for today, I started my Joyous day with a walk around the lake in the rain. I met my daughter and her 3 sons for lunch, and then joined them at our gym for a family swim time. Jim joined us after work, just in time to see the youngest fall asleep in my arms. Joy is holding a beautiful, sleeping child in your arms. I want time to stand still as I hold him. Yet as our time comes to an end, I gently nudge him awake and watch his wonderment at realizing where he is and who he is with. And in no time at all, he is back to his active, almost three years old, self with the memory of peaceful sleep fading fast.

Jim and I then enjoyed dinner out with a fabulous glass of wine, (Voga Merlot) and now are nestled into our "empty" apartment for the night. With almost everything packed away, we have released ourselves from our connection to this home we have shared for 3 months. We are anxious to start fresh at our new home where we will firmly establish the roots necessary to draw our family to us, to create new family traditions, and to allow new friends to feel the love of family within our doors.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment