Monday, February 22, 2010

Door Bells


We are officially moved in! Jim hung my "door bells" tonight. I bought these antique looking door bells about 16 years ago when our daughters were in high school, and it was a way to hear if/when the front door was opened. It signaled our daughters coming in before curfew, boyfriends leaving at the appropriate time, and coming home from school. We have hung them in every single house we have owned since 1994 and they always seem to be the finishing touch to our residency.

I am looking forward to hearing them ring when our family comes to visit. When friends drop by, and at the end of the day when Jim comes home from work. I know I will hear them frequently followed by "Hi! Nanna!" And my heart will sing as I welcome with open arms those I love so dearly. And those who love me too.

Here's to the Journey!








No comments:

Post a Comment