Monday, February 8, 2010

This morning we woke to 4 inches of snow on the ground with more coming down. So I slipped out as early as I could for my walk around the lake. It was so beautiful. It was still very dark when I left the house and I love how snow seems to come with a blanket of silence. Every sound seems to be muted, and I walked in a beautiful silence.

Just as I completed my circle around the lake, I had an uncontrollable desire to make a snow angel. (Yes - a snow angel) So I lay in the snow, moved my legs and arms back and forth, and when I stood up to survey my master piece, it was the most perfect snow angel I think I have ever made. It was absolutely perfect. I walked home grinning from ear to ear and my snow angel has been on my mind all day.

I love walking in the falling snow and how the snow catches on my eye lashes. When I blink my eyes, I feel the cool wetness on my cheeks. It is such a perfect feeling - snow covered eye lashes! It actually makes me feel like I have the most beautiful eyes in the whole wide world. I remember as a little girl loving snow on my eye lashes and playing outside for hours in the falling snow. There is no other feeling like it. Life is Joyful with snow flakes falling on my eyes.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment