Saturday, February 13, 2010

We finally have everything moved into the house, and a few of the rooms are taking on the appearance of our beautiful life. I am back at the apartment this morning because my internet will not be hooked up until next Wednesday, and I have to read some very special affirmations and mail that I look forward to daily. And........ I want to write.

The apartment is empty except for 3 small boxes, some cheese in the fridge and a beautiful screen print that Jenn made for us during her last year at U-Conn. I have saved that for last because it is so special. Jim is over at Home Depot looking for "garage stuff" and I will pick him up after I pack up some more things on my desk.

This has been a very exciting move for Jim and I, but one of the things that has made it feel so natural has been the support of our wonderful friends. Friends from Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Massachusetts and Tennessee. I received a call from my close friend, Sue, from Boston, this morning. She was congratulating us on our move, and just catching up on the past few days, and having that one call, that one conversation changed the mood of my day. That call actually energized me, and made unpacking the millionth box more exciting. I moved more quickly up and down the stairs, and I was smiling a different smile.

Meanwhile, Jim was on his phone with our good friends Larry and Alma from Michigan. They are planning a trip to Memphis, so you can imagine the delight when Jim shared that news with me. And we have many more friends who plan to come visit us, and it feels so good to look forward to seeing them again.

Jim and I have moved so many times during our life together, and have not lived near family for more than 25 years. But the friends that we have gathered along the way have blessed our lives with Joy, with laughter and with love.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment