Monday, February 15, 2010

I had the most wonderful Valentines Day yesterday with my Lover. Jim (aka Lover) prepared the most fabulous dinner of clam chowder, lobster tails, and crab legs. I threw in a fresh tomato/onion/olive/feta salad, and with a bottle of our favorite Marietta Old Vine, we both declared this was the perfect day. We also had time to go swimming with our grandsons and to see Liz and Thadeus for a short while. This really is the best!

Late last night, I asked Jim to help me unwrap some dishes so that we could clear out more boxes from our dinning room. Jim unwrapped so many glasses that he started to count them, and couldn't believe how many glasses we need! We unwrapped bowls, plates, and platters and each one came with a story. I am so glad I shared this unwrapping with Jim, because sometimes we remember things a little differently, and it is good to hear his version - to hear his memory.

So now I have spent the morning putting aways dishes. And I must admit that I am fanatical about lining dishes up perfectly. (You will note that I did not ask Jim to help me put them away.) My beautiful glasses are lined perfectly in the cabinets, the plates and bowls and platters are all set neatly in the dish pantry, and I feel good!

As soon as I am finished writing I will be going back home to "line up" all of my utensils in the kitchen drawers. Another delight - opening a kitchen drawer and finding perfect utensil alignment.

Life is Joyful with beautiful dishes.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment