Saturday, January 8, 2011

Writing my name

I have given much of my day to writing today. A 5:00 am walk this morning. Two short 15 minute meditations, John Wayne up at 7:00, breakfast, etc., etc., etc., then escaping to my office to do my writing practice. Which actually became spread through out the day as we meandered through our Saturday routine. Coffee at Starbucks with Rollin, who spent the night with us. A trip to Petco for more fun stuff for John Wayne. Pushing Rollin on a lumber cart at Home Depot, then delivering him safely home tonight to his family.

And yet, I feel like I have been writing all day long. Writing words that look unfamiliar as I try to make my letters different. Writing my name, as printed on my birth certificate so many years ago, and feeling a familiarity, a bond to those letters that name me.

There is Joy in connecting with my own history. I did that today with the simple practice of writing my name.

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment