Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Soul's Journey

I am currently re-reading Journey of Souls. I am on the chapter of how we find our soul mates in this or past lives. It makes me think back to when I was a young girl and I described how my husband would look, how old he would be, and how much I would love him.

I marvel to think that as young as 12 years I knew he was coming. No, I didn't know his name, and I did not know how I would meet him, yet my confidence did not waver. Even when my Aunts laughed at me when I described this man I would marry, I did not waver, I knew he was coming.

And it was an acquaintance who introduced us. Nobody special. Jim asked me out and I said OK. No stars, no fireworks, no real recognition that I can recall. Yet, on that first date he drove me to Valparaiso to the place he would start work on Monday. This was the place I drove to when our first daughter was ready to be born and I picked him up on the way to the hospital. We drove to Michigan for dinner and drinks that first night. A state we would live in for ten years and where both daughters would graduate from high school.

There were many firsts with Jim and as I look back now, I see the synchronicity of this life together. How each action has built the next action. And I marvel at the Journey our Souls have made. I revel in this love we share for each other - this true love that bonds our Souls together for eternity!
Here's to the Ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment