Monday, January 10, 2011

First Snow

We had our first snow fall of the year. I walked this morning in total quiet with a blanket of white covering everything - even the trees. Traffic was slow and muted this morning with the snow, and my walk was more peaceful than ever. I made my laps around the subdivision and was happy to get home and shake the crusted snow from my clothes and shoes. After a steaming cup of coffee, I was ready for my day!

This afternoon I snapped the picture of this tree in our back yard with clumps of snow hanging like strips of cotton on its limbs. Tucker, Rollin and Fynn have the beginnings of a snow fort in my front yard. Foot ball is playing on the TV in the family room. My back yard is covered with John Wayne paw prints. My dryer is buzzing as it dries out the last of the snow suits. And I am humming "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

Just another day of beautiful miracles. A day of miraculous joy!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment