Thursday, January 20, 2011

Training Session

John Wayne has certainly changed our lives. He has such an eagerness for life, for exploring, for listening. But I swear he is specifically trying to teach me to feel the same way. Occasionally, when I am standing in the back yard with him waiting for him to do what he has to do, he will pause, tilt his head straight back and look at the sky and the trees. And then he looks at me as if to remind me to enjoy this beauty set before us. He will stop as he hears the birds chirping - as though he is drawing my attention to them as well - wanting my attention given to the beautiful sounds.

Today, as we stood in the back yard, together looking at the sky, listening to the birds, and enjoying the falling snow, I realized that I am the student in this training session.

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment