Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Miracle Notes

I just finished reading a book that encourages the reader, as they make changes, to keep a log of miracle notes so that she remembers where she has been. I like this instruction. So often we get to "there" but have forgotten many of the miracle steps that led the way.

I feel like my Journey of Joy Blog is a journal of miracle notes. I look back and see where I have been, the steps I made, the Joy I allowed, and it opens the way for more forward movement, more steps, more Joy.

Making miracle notes demands presence. I have to give attention to notice the miracles, I have to be present. My blog has helped me to learn to be present. I will never notice my joy, my miracles, my beauty if I resist being present. But each day, as I sit at my computer, with the intent of writing a Joy or a Miracle of the day, presence fills me. It stills me. It gives me clarity. And then I weave the words, trying to describe the day. Checking my dictionaries, defining Joy, defining miracles, defining presence. And yet there is no absolute defining of this life, this Joy, these miracles. It is all miraculous. That is the miracle.

So I will keep writing and I will keep remembering, as I move through my day, to capture those miracles by being present - by giving attention!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment