Saturday, January 29, 2011

A day in the woods


Today was a gorgeous day with temps in the low 70's, and clear skies full of sunshine. Liz and her family joined us for a day at the Big Hill Pond State Park. We passed a little stream that flows off the lake and the boys were excited to see a place with rocks where they could cross the stream. So Liz stayed and watched her boys playing excitedly in the water while Jim and I hiked to the fire tower.

I love looking up at the trees. I feel so small in this vast forrest. Of course, after climbing the tower, we can see for miles across the tops of the trees and the view is completely different. The feeling is different too. But, it doesn't matter if I am standing among the trees or above them, they always bring me Joy! That's why I love a day in the woods!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment