Saturday, March 20, 2010

We are heading into night number 3 for Rollin sleeping at my house.

This morning, we got out our flashlights and tromped through both of my attics. We were looking for Angels and critters, such as snakes or lizards. We did not find any critters, (good for me) and we had such fun looking in all the far corners of the attic. And even though we could not see the Angels, we were sure they were there - always watching over us and our home!

Then we "moussed up" our hair for a trip to town. I gave him Jim's hair brush to use and explained to him that Jim and I share all of our stuff because we are married. He then asked me "Well, why don't you have any kids?" So I told him the story of how Liz and Jenn were once our baby girls, but that they grew up, so now we don't have little kids living with us. And that with each of his birthdays, he was doing the same - growing up. He told me he was looking forward to riding his bike to different places, not just up and down the driveway, by himself.

Later I took him to Starbucks for a "Life is Good" lesson. We sat and talked while he sipped his organic apple juice and I my Americano and both of us nibbled chocolate grahams. I asked him what he would be doing if he was an elephant, and he said that he would be looking for me because I would be an elephant too and he would want to be with me. So I asked him what he would do if he was a firefly, like Ray in the current Disney movie, and he said he would be looking for me, because I would be a fly and he would have to save me from the Frog. This is Rollin - always loving me.

Tucker and Fynneus joined us for a little while this afternoon and we wrapped our day up with a game of tennis at our old apartment complex and then pizza at the Memphis Pizza Cafe.

But I must admit that it was I who got the "Life is Good" lesson. For I realize that I am so blessed to be loved by so many special people in my life. Life really is really, really good!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment