Sunday, March 21, 2010

It is Sunday night and we are back to just the two of us. We had great fun with Rollin staying for 3 nights, but are also happy to be spending quiet time on a Sunday night before the busy week begins tomorrow.

This evening Jim and I made our once a month trip to Barnes and Noble. We enjoyed our Starbucks and the Godiva cheese cake again and then perused shelf after shelf of books, journals and sketch pads. I then talked with one of the managers of B&N and they asked me to start a book club. So far, they have had little success keeping one going, and they told me they would like to work with me to start a club. I am so excited and intend to do some exploring about bringing together a book club that would feel good, would help to create Joy in the lives of others and myself, and hopefully explore the power of thought, including the law of attraction and the power of living in the now. This will also help to begin to fulfill one of my goals which is public speaking - Me & public speaking - something I have always wanted to do.

Of course, this made me realize that I have been so busy working to organize our house, that I have spent little time writing. So my goal - starting tomorrow - is to write for a minimum of 2 hours a day. That is a very short time for someone who loves to write and I think it will be the incentive to dig in and get going with my book. I love thinking about my book, now I need to get all of those thoughts down on paper. Two of my favorite Joyful activities is reading and writing. Sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day for all the reading I want to do. Now, I will find that I run out of hours writing too.

Joy is weaving my day with beautiful, creative, and wondrous words.

Here's to the Journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment