Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I like to always do something productive each day and actually have a hard time relaxing if I have not accomplished some kind of chore before the end of the day. Today was no exception and when Jim got home, I asked him to help me with some things that I couldn't (very easily) do by myself. So with the chores out of the way, it was time to relax.

It was in the low 70's today and we began our relaxing evening sitting on the patio with a fabulous new black beer that we recently discovered. The beer is Xingu and it is very dark with a chocolate overtone. It is very smooth and it set the tone for a wonderful and relaxing evening.

Next, I made fresh ice tea for dinner with soup and sandwiches. At the last minute I spread a picnic in front of the fire place, and since it was beginning to cool down, I asked Jim to "build" a fire (which means turn the switch). We sat on the floor, with our simple dinner, and enjoyed immensely the ending of our day.

I love taking the time to soak up the Joy that is my life. I love, at the end of the day, looking back at the things I accomplished and relaxing into the evening. And one of these days I just might convince myself to spend a whole day relaxing - now that would be Joyful!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment