Monday, March 29, 2010

3 Big Questions

Tucker, Rollin and Fynneus spent the night with us and we had a wonderful time. They are always a Joy to be with and thrilling to listen to their hearts. They often say or ask things that are so unexpected that we are at a loss for words. This visit was no exception.

Tucker is 6 years old and getting more independent by the minute. This weekend he asked me to put his shoes on him and I looked at him startled. He has not asked me to do this in a long time. Then he quickly added "For a hug and a kiss!" So all day and night, when he need his shoes back on, he asked me to help, and I got lots of hugs and kisses! JOY!

Rollin, who is soon to be 5, spent some time with me just talking about angels, about his brothers, and about the wind. The wind was blowing and whistling and howling around the house, and we could hear it as we talked. One time, as it seemed extraordinarily loud, Rollin asked "How can the wind howl when it doesn't have a mouth?" A question I have never answered before. So we talked about wind, and how it moves, and how it makes sounds, and he seemed satisfied. But his question let me see a little of how his inquisitive mind works.

Then, sweet Fynneus, who had just enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with all of us, was feeling grateful for Poppa helping fix breakfast. After I washed the honey off of his fingers and cheeks, I told him to go tell Poppa how much he loves him. So, Fynn hopped down from his chair, ran to find Jim in the kitchen and asked very clearly "Poppa, how much do you love me?" Jim's answer: "I love you Big!"

Joy is the wonder of a child.

Here's to the Journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment