Friday, March 26, 2010

Over the years I have met two women that I have had such a bond with, that we swore we were sisters. (Maybe in another life?!) I met my beautiful friend, Pat, about 7 years ago when we moved to Florida. We bonded immediately, and then introduced our husbands to see what their reaction would be. They became great friends, and would often sit back with smiles as Pat and I were lost in our conversations of this and that. Although I have only known her a very short time, we often introduced ourselves as sisters. It felt that good.

Dena is my other beautiful friend that I have bonded with in a way that I imagine you bond with a sister. I met Dena when I was 14 or 15 years old and I thought she was the most beautiful person I had ever met. She actually became my sister in law for a while, and has moved in and out of my life sporadically. We may not see each other for years, yet when we do, the connection is always there. I saw her recently when I went north to visit family, and I was awed (again) at how beautiful she is.

While living in Florida, I gave advice to Pat about painting her house. She was going to try painting some rooms along with trim, etc, so I helped her sort through colors, but then she did all the work. She did a wonderful job, and it was a Joy to help someone with something that comes so natural to me.

On Wednesday as I was struggling with painting my family room. I had one long wall that was not cooperating (with my intention) and was covered with streaks. I was feeling a little down when I thought "Dena would know!" Dena is an expert painter, and has given me advice before. So I shot an email off to her late Wednesday evening, and her answer was waiting for me when I got up on Thursday. And of course it was the right answer - I now have a (mostly) streak free wall.

And so today as I thought of the many women in my life, and especially of Pat and Dena, I was tickled at our little connection through painting. And I was thankful to have this wonderful bond, that goes much further than painting, and that survives years and decades of our lives.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment