Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chairs, Chairs & More Chairs

I have spent the last 2 days painting. Jim and I found some beautiful wooden chairs for our dining room. The only problem was that the chairs were black. But I knew this would not be a problem. So I contemplated for a day, just looking at the 6 chairs, and then on Wednesday morning I jumped in. First a good sanding in the garage, then a nice primer coat. A trip to Home Depot landed a creamy white color, and I headed home for the first coat. My goal was to match the legs of my dining table. I finished the first coat yesterday, and it was not even close to the right color. Another trip this morning to Home Depot resulted in a beautiful "off" white that was a much closer match and I headed home for the second coat - with a delicious starbucks in hand.

Now the chairs are all lined up and I will let them cure for a couple of weeks. And just to keep everything looking fresh, I just finished the second coat of paint to the legs of my dining table. Now everything matches perfectly, and I am feeling very content. I loved watching the transformation - right before my eyes.

And all day long as I painted, I smiled to think how beautiful my dining room is going to be. What fun we are going to have in this room sharing meals with family and friends. Sometimes........Joy can be just a new can of paint!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment