Thursday, March 11, 2010

Today when I walked down our short drive to the mail box, I walked through a swirling vortex of leaves. They were circling round and round the driveway and actually hit my legs as I walked by. Later as I looked outside, I saw the wind swaying our big pine tree in waves of motion.

I love to see the movements caused by wind and I love feeling the wind against my whole body. I am still new to the Tennessee climate, and not sure what to expect weather wise. But I do love the changes of the season. The memories of snow and cold that are quickly fading with just a few warm days under our belts. The barren trees starting to get little buds all around them. And our local nursery beginning to stock gorgeous flowers and ferns.

These beautiful beginnings of spring are worth the long wait of winter. To finally hear children out playing, to see adults standing outside now that the days are longer and warmer - yes, this is what we all have been waiting for. This is Joy!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment