Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Time to Read

It's funny sometimes how I will buy a book and then put it on a shelf without looking closely. Then something happens and I remember I have that book and that now would be a good time to read it. That happened today. I saw this author's name, Iyanla Vanzant, in a magazine and remembered I had her book and now was the time. I am still reading the introduction, but I know I like it already.

I love to read and often will read a book 2 or 3 or more times. Sometimes consecutively. On my second read I usually begin to high light the words that catch me. By the 3rd or 4th time I am still finding new things and usually promise myself one more read. And then there are books that lay on my shelf for months or years and then all of a sudden it's like they are begging to be read - and I know it's time.

So I'm going to quit writing here, snuggle in my favorite chair, and take the time to read the book that is calling me now.

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment