Sunday, November 7, 2010

A New Time

I did not set my clocks back last night before we went to sleep, so I woke this morning to the old time, yet realizing that the new time had gone into effect. But I patiently waited for my clock to read 4:00 am and I climbed out of bed for my morning walk. I do not walk on Sundays because that is what we call our "lazy day". But this morning I felt like the stars were calling me and I could not bear to stay in bed and miss the beauty of the starry sky. So I walked and I hummed, and I smiled, and at exactly 4:00 am the new time, I was back home climbing back into a warm and cozy bed.

As I drifted back to sleep this time, I was grateful for the beauty. And I was grateful that I did not miss that hour we gained in the night. Instead, I spent that wonderful hour gazing at stars and basking in the cold morning air. Joy is not missing a minute of this wonderful ride!

Here's to the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment