Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Music to live by

Today I hooked up Jim's reel to reel tape deck and stereo that he bought while in the Service in Okinawa. The music recorded on these tapes were recorded between 1970 and 1972. I met Jim in 1973 and he had all this wonderful music that he and his buddies had shared while serving in the military.

Tape Number 12 is worn thin because I think I listened to it almost every day for the first 10 years after I met him. The music includes Bread, Three Dog Night, John Lennon, Neil Diamond, Tammy Wynette, Blood Sweat & Tears, The Carpenters, The Beatles, The Bee Gees, Michael Jackson, Carly Simon, Diana Ross and so so so much more.

Today, after not hearing this music for more than 20 years, I played Number 12 again. Joy! Joy! Joy! I still sang along to every song. I couldn't help dancing to some of them. I use to always clean my house to this music, and I had a strong desire to clean today. This music is so beautiful, and it appears to be timeless too. Beautiful music makes this ride so very Joyful!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment