Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Day at the Park


Saturday turned out to be a gorgeous day so we packed a picnic of fried chicken, potato salad, ice tea and chocolate cake and headed for the Smokey Mountains. And what a treat for both of us. We drove through mountains and valleys, watched deer in the woods, hiked along a mountain stream and sat by the woods to enjoy lunch. The beauty of the outdoors is so amazing. I took time to sit by the stream and meditate. Jim took time to do a little fly fishing while I sat beside a mountain reading a book. Does it get any better than this??!!

On the way home we stopped at an antique store and I bought a pair of perfect crystal candle holders. Last night as we ate dinner, I lit candles in the new holders and remembered the anniversary weekend. I love the reminder that burning candles in these holders will bring to us. There is always Joy in remembering this fabulous ride that we are on together.

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment