Monday, November 29, 2010

Standing in the Wind

I walked this morning against a strong southwest wind. At times it seemed like the leaves blowing down the street were racing me. Clouds moved quickly across the sky, but I caught glimpses of the moon, stars and Venus.

Tucker, Rollin and Fynneus came over this morning and we headed straight to the ball field by our house for a little baseball. The wind was still blowing hard as we each took turns catching, hitting and pitching. Rollin showed me how he likes to stand in the wind and I did the same. As dark clouds rolled in we walked home just in time to miss the afternoon downpour.

The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent inside so I am grateful, at the end of the day, that I did not pass up the opportunities to be outside. I am glad I stood in the wind with Rollin.

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment