Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Remembering the Ride

I have spent some time this week organizing my closets and unpacking my Christmas "things". I love the holidays and I am looking forward to putting up the tree, taking my christmas dishes to the kitchen, and sending out Christmas cards.

As I walk through the local stores and hear Christmas music, I smile. When I walk into the cold brisk air, I am thankful to be here, to enjoy the seasons of Tennessee. There is something about cold weather at Christmas time that just seems to fit. Today I was looking at sleds at Target, and a store associate asked me if I needed assistance, I told him No, I am just waiting for snow.

As I looked at the sleds, I remembered sledding with our daughters in Indiana and Michigan. I remembered tubing in Valparaiso and flying down that hill with Jenn clutched in my arms. We did it again at Muskegon State Park, in full view of Lake Michigan, Jenn and Liz, older now, flying by themselves.

I remember cold winters and blizzards. I remember snow ice cream and hot chocolate. I remember picnics by the fireplace and I remember this wonderful ride with great Joy.

Life is Good!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment