Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Beauty


I love Christmas time. I love to decorate our home and watch it come to life with lights and candles and pretty red things. I love bringing out my Christmas dishes for the whole month of December and I love mailing our Christmas cards.

But my favorite thing is decorating the Christmas tree. Jim and I put the tree up last Sunday along with all the colored lights. I have had white lights on our tree for the past 20 plus years, so this year we are getting out of the box and putting some color into our lives. We did not put any decorations on the tree until today when Tucker, Rollin and Fynneus showed up and they REALLY, really wanted to help decorate the tree.

As I was in the kitchen preparing dinner (using our beautiful Christmas dishes) Jim got all the red bulbs out for the boys to hang. Jim let the boys hang them where ever they wanted without interfering. You've got to see this tree - not one bulb is higher than 4 feet (that's about as high as Tucker and reach, and many (most) are clumped together, sometimes 2 on a single branch. Only the bottom 4 feet of our 9 foot tree has ornaments. Yet when the boys stood back to survey their handiwork - I don't think they even saw the top of the tree or all the bare spots. They only saw the beauty of the ornaments they had put in place.

I remember a time when I was so picky about these kind of things. Decorating our home has been a passion of mine. But now, my Joy is seeing beauty through someone else's eyes. It may not be perfect, but I have to admit - It is beautiful.......and it will make you smile. I promise!

Here's to the Ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment