Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Spirit

It's only two days now until Christmas and I feel the calmness settling in. The shopping is done and everything is wrapped. So I am ahead of schedule. The reward is an early arrival of the peacefulness that is truly Christmas.

To me, Christmas is really about family. Spending time together. Being present for each other at this time of year. I love the sound of laughter as it fills my house. I love watching presents being opened. I love the special foods we will prepare - some old favorites and some new creations. I love the music playing on the iPod. I love the stories we will hear of New York and Tennessee. I love our lives that we celebrate at this time of year.

The Spirit of Christmas is right here - bonding us together with love, with memories, and with a promise of more to come. I would not trade this ride for anything in the whole wide world - this is the ride I was destined for and it just gets better and better!

Here's to the Ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment