Friday, May 14, 2010

Rollin and Fynneus spent the night with us last night, and I met Liz at 6:45 this morning at the intersections of Hwy 57 and 192 and she headed northeast to Indiana. Tucker has spent the week with his Meemee and Pawpaw and Liz is headed up there to pick him up and to drop off Rollin.

It was so thrilling to see the boys this morning. They were sooooo sweet and cooperative as the alarm went off this morning. I set it per Rollins instructions, and precisely at 6:30 am the rooster started crowing. Rollin, who has been waiting for weeks for me to set the alarm clock for him told me that "it really is annoring" and I am hopeful that he won't ask me to set it again - although we do have other sounds to choose from that may not be so "annoring"!

I came back home to an empty house and decided I could not tolerate the color of my kitchen/family room any longer. So with a steaming cup of coffee in hand, I started taping, priming and painting. As Jim walked in the door at 5:00, I was wrapping up my day. He poured me a glass of wine and I relaxed in the jacuzzi as he smoked a cigar on the patio.

Joy is changing the color of the kitchen from "Mississippi Mud" to Bedford Beige. And although Bedford Beige sounds like a creme color, it is one of the most pretty greens I have ever painted. Joy is changing colors! Life is good with beautiful colors in our home!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment