Saturday, May 15, 2010

Before and After.............

In March I painted the kitchen/family room the same color that was currently on the walls, I wanted to define the lines better and make it look fresh. But yesterday as I walked into the kitchen at 6:00 am, without realizing it, I said (out loud) "I do not like the color of this room". So by 7:15 I was busy painting it Bedford Beige.

Every time I walk into the room, I can't believe the difference. It looks so bright and so spacious - just the way I like a room to look. The new color is one from our Florida house, and although it looks very different at this house, it feels lighter - it feels more joyful. So here are some after pictures..............














And I am feeling better and better and better................



I find it amazing to watch the transformation of a room. Even as my body is aching with climbing the ladder again and again, I see joy and beauty and I cannot and will not stop.

Maybe this is why I like to paint my house so much. Although I will stop when I have every thing painted the color I desire, it truly is inspiring to watch the change happen right before my eyes.

I wish I could see my own transformation as easily as I see my rooms change. As I reach for my own alignment, as I look for Joy in my life, and as I deliberately practice the art of allowing, the transformation seems much slower. As though the changes to my life are sometimes in slow motion. Yet when I look back to the beginning of this Journey of Joy, I am amazed at the progress/transformation. But I have to look back to see this. I have covered hundreds of miles in the past several months alone. I have discovered the secret to days and days of ecstasy. I have found healing for my body, love for myself, and Joy in each and every day. Now that is transformation! This really has been a Joy ride - and I can't wait to see where it takes me tomorrow!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment