Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Day to Remember

Mother's day is always a day of memories for me. We have two beautiful daughters that have enriched our lives more than I can say. Last year I spent the weekend in New York with Jenn. This year I am living in Tennessee and I spent the day with Liz and her family.

I really do love being a Mom. And even though we have transitioned into the "empty nest" phase of our lives, and I no longer guide my daughters on a daily basis as I tried to when they were so young, I love the relationship that I have with them. I value their love for me and my love for them. I so admire the women they have become. I admire the Mom that Liz has become and the love and compassion I see in her as she raises her own young sons. I admire Jenn following her dreams as an artist, and leaving the familiarity of family to go towards what is so important to her.

I use to always think that my daughters were beautiful and fabulous women in spite of me, but now, with my own maturity, I realize that I really did contribute in a wonderful way to them being the women they are today. And for that I am so grateful. And they both have contributed to the woman I have become. And for that I am grateful.

I love you Jenn! I love you Liz! Thank you for sharing this Journey with me!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment