Thursday, May 13, 2010

Life on the Patio






For the past couple of weeks, Jim and I have been working on our outdoor patio. We have missed the outdoor life of Florida, so we have been anxious to get the new patio in order. We have been using the patio a little, but mostly amid chaos. So last evening we finished hanging the outdoor lights and arranging some of our wicker furniture. Tonight, at twilight, I stepped out to take a look, and even though the light was fading, it felt so good to see it all put together.

We have two more azalea plants blooming with both light and dark pink flowers. I have colorful citronella candles to ward off mosquitos. We have palm trees, wind chimes and outdoor wall hangings from our Florida home, and now it is beginning to feel very comfortable.

Tomorrow I think I will plan a dinner on the patio. A glass of wine, lively conversation, and the man I love sharing it all with me. Life is good! Life on the patio is especially good!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment