Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A walk in the wind.

Last night as we tried to sleep, we heard the wind blowing and howling around the house. The front door was whistling at times, and I kept waking to the sound. I was excited to hear the wind and could hardly wait for 4:30 to roll around so that I could walk. The sky was dark with clouds when I left the house and I could not see the moon or stars. The wind was so strong that at times I had to brace myself to hold my balance. Yet, walking in the wind is one of my favorite things to do. I feel so blessed to feel the wind push against my body. To feel it brush my face and blow my hair straight back. I always feel close to something that is bigger than me when I stand in the wind. I feel so alive in the wind.

Tonight the air is calm and I know we will sleep better. But truly, I would give up a good nights sleep to hear the wind and know that tomorrow I would again walk in the wind.

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment