Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Looking for my diamond..............

Late yesterday afternoon as I was tying on my tennis shoes for a trip to the gym, I lay my right hand over my wedding diamond, a habit I have had for many years of just checking the ring. I realized immediately that the diamond was missing...........

I have searched and searched since yesterday, and so far no luck in finding the diamond. Many times today I have seen a sparkle on the floor, and as I get closer, I realize it is just some glitter that Rollin scattered yesterday when making a love picture for his mom...........

Today I have felt my hand many times, only to find an empty spot where my rings have been for so many years. Jim gave me the diamond for my 19th birthday and we were married 4 months later. And while this diamond is small and may not have much value to a fine jeweler, this diamond is priceless to me. I do hope I find it.......

In the meantime - I am so happy that I am still married. I am glad that a lost diamond does not end this relationship of love and respect. I am glad that, even though the ring was a "symbol" of our love, it is not our love. Our love goes much deeper and is much stronger than any diamond..........

Joy is a love that can outlast diamonds.

Here's to the Journey!

1 comment: