Monday, October 18, 2010

Kayaking in Tennessee





























Jim and I went Kayaking at the Big Hill Pond State Park in Pocahontas, Tennessee. This is a man made lake as you can see by the stumps and trees protruding out of the water and we had to navigate our kayaks around these obstacles. I was amazed to see the stump above with full fall color in the middle of this lake and could not resist paddling close enough to get this fabulous picture.

Jim paddled around fishing and I took the opportunity to read a wonderful book that I had brought along just for this setting. I spent some priceless time in the middle of the lake meditating. I have discovered that meditating when I am outside, surrounded by the beauty of the Universe, sends my soul soaring and fills me with Joy. I feel so connected to Source, to God, when I sit in nature watching only my breath. I came home feeling revived, refreshed, re-energized. Life is good riding the kayaks in Tennessee.

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment