Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Blogging Anniversary!

Today marks one year of writing my Journey of Joy Blog. I looked back at my first blog in which I made clear that it was with more than a little trepidation that I began the challenge of looking for, creating, and writing about Joy in my life every day. As I look back now I see that I missed writing many days, but I know in my heart I saw Joy every day of this past year. Not a day goes by that I do not pay attention to Joy in my life. I catch myself pausing in my day to take in the Joy, to savor the moment - a beautiful sky, a touch from Jim, a smile from my grandsons, a conversation with my daughters - so much Joy!

And still, some days I feel like I fail to describe Joy. I look up the definition again and again and I look for words to compliment the word Joy and I feel inadequate in my description. I affirm over and over that Life is Good - yet how do I write this "Good". How can I make others see in my heart and feel the feeling that grips my belly. I want you to feel the intensity of Joy that I feel when I am standing silently at four in the morning and gazing at the stars. I want you to feel the intensity of the smile when any of my grandsons say "Nanna, I love you." I want to describe accurately the intensity of Jim's love for me. So I keep looking for the words. Beautiful words to weave around my Journey of Joy.

As I wrap up this first year of Joy blogging, there is no more trepidation. I am confident now that Joy will show itself to me everyday. I promise myself that I will write my Joy as often as I possibly can, but most importantly, I will look for Joy in every moment of my life. Because we all know The Joy of the Journey is in the ride! Enjoy the ride!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment