Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Book of Positive Aspects!

I have a book that I have created. It is titled "My Book of Positive Aspects". The first couple of pages are old tic tac toe games I played with Tucker long ago and a few stick figures drawn for Tucker by me. The rest of the pages are mine.

As you see, this is an inexpensive notebook from Staples, but it has become priceless to me. For in this book I list the positive aspects of important things and people in my life. For example, I was feeling a little dejected today with feelings of "can I really write" and "who cares if I write. So I got out My Book of Positive Aspects and filled a page with the positive aspects of me writing. I could easily have filled more pages, but what this little exercise did for me was lift my spirits, and point the way to writing.

As I started my day at the computer, I was greeted with an email from my sister of total encouragement for my writing. And then Joy filled my day. I have written two chapters today in my book, and I am ready for tomorrow. I am ready to face the day of writing.

Number 1 (by Jack Kerouac) "Scribbled secret notebooks, and wild typewritten pages, for your own joy"

So for now, I will shelve my scribbled secret notebook of Positive Aspects and my wild typewritten pages and I will enjoy this Journey.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment