Monday, July 5, 2010

Even though I have not written since last Thursday, I have still spent time reviewing the Joy of each day.

Life is Good Friday.

Life is Good Saturday.

Life is Good Sunday.

Life is especially Good today!

Jim and I have been enjoying the holiday weekend. We took time on Saturday to enjoy a Tennessee State Park - the Shelby Forest State Park. It is located in northwest Shelby County (Memphis) on the Mississippi River. It was one of the most beautiful parks we have seen in a long time. The park was full of butterflies that kept landing on our arms and head. And the forest - the trees - the greenery was breathtaking. It felt so good to be surrounded by such beauty. Spread out for our pure enjoyment. Tucker was with us and we took a 3 mile bike ride through the forest. Absolutely beautiful! (Jim watched a butterfly ride on my hat for most of the bike ride)

I have completed reading 3 or 4 books this week and am already immersed in the next one. I try to keep a book with me at all times, and even if I can only grab 2 minutes of reading - well, it is time well spent. Now that I am writing, I so like to read how others put their words together. I love how you can be mesmerized by a writer. I love how they can pull you in with their words. I love how all the words fit together so beautifully even if they make no sense at the time.

I received a book from Jenn on Saturday. (Thank you again Jenn) It is by Jack Kerouac titled You're A Genius All The Time. Kerouac is credited with "reinventing" the English sentence. Can you imagine the creativity and the courage to try to do such a thing. In this book he lists his "Belief and Technique for Modern Prose" in an effort to explain his style of writing. My favorite is Number 4: Be in love with your life. Of course I love all 30. (search his name on Wikpedia if you want to read them all) Another favorite: Number 5: Something that you feel will find its own form.

So - be in love your life and with feeling you will find its own form. Definitely words to live by - courageous words to write by.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment