Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Man and His Truck!

Jim realized one of his most fervent dreams today. He drove this bright red Chevy truck home from the dealership in Memphis.

And as I see Jim with his truck, I realize the tremendous love he has for me. For the past few years, because I really, really wanted him too, he drove a Ford SUV. We named her Suv, (pronounced Soove), but Jim has always had a truck, and if it weren't for his great love for me, he would not ever have been without a truck.

But my rationale was that we could all fit in Suv, especially when we lived so far from Liz and her family. I wanted everyone to fit in one car when we all visited. But now that we are living in Tennessee, we can drive more than one car - easily!

I watched him tonight as he took me for a drive, and I swear I could see his heart filling his chest with the pride that only a truck can bring to him. And I saw too, the full extent of his love for me.

I feel very blessed to have the love of this man. And I know he will enjoy driving, polishing, shining this Chevy truck - but he will not ever place it before his love for me. And I will not ever again ask him to make this sacrifice for me. For seeing his Joy brings me my Joy!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment