Thursday, June 3, 2010

It is always nice to come home after a vacation, no matter how long (or short) we are gone. Our trip to Madison was just 3 nights away from home, but it almost seems like an eternity and almost like it never happened.

While eating breakfast at the farmer's market on Saturday morning, I ran into the attorney I worked with when we lived in Madison. For a moment he thought I was back for good, and his eyes lit up ready to offer me my job back. I made it clear that this was just a visit, and explained our living in Memphis now. His daughter is 16 now and planning to live in China for a year. We exchanged stories, he hugged me goodbye (again) and we all moved on to our day.

Later, Larry Hunt, a rather famous photographer in Madison, snapped our pictures. Margo and I - with a little (as Margo called it) 'tude, and the four of us hugging together. I hope to have a copy emailed to me to share on my blog soon.

And while I still keep smiling as I think of this trip to Madison, I am happy for the Journey that Jim and I have made in the years since. I am happy for the time in Florida and the friendships honed that will last through this lifetime. I am thrilled with the current Journey which has led us to Tennessee. Some days I wake up with great anticipation just wondering what wonderful things will happen this day and where it all will lead. And always, I am enjoying this Journey!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment