Monday, June 21, 2010

A Father's Day to Remember!

After writing on Friday night, I attended a family reunion on Saturday. I saw lots of aunts, uncles and cousins whom I have not seen in many years and I introduced our daughter Liz and her sons to many of our relatives. Joy is basking in the love of family.

My mom and dad followed us home from the reunion and spent Father's Day with us on Sunday. This was the first time that Dad has been in my home on Father's Day and we all enjoyed the day tremendously. Dad, Jim, and Thadeus each said a Father's Day Prayer before dinner and then we all took turns saying what we appreciated most about our dads. So many beautiful things were said around our dining table and we all agreed that LIFE IS GOOD!

I realize that when I spend time with my parents, I learn things about myself. As I observed them in my home, I felt tremendous love for them, and for the expansion they have caused in my life. I feel great appreciation for the life I have chosen and I have no doubt in my mind that my Journey of Joy has been influenced by them. Joy is knowing that this Journey is the right one for me!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment