Monday, June 7, 2010

Artisan Bread

So here is my first loaf of basic artisan white bread. I put too much flour on top and too much corn meal on the bottom, but it was delicious.

And I learned something about myself. I was not very relaxed in the kitchen today - although the nice glass of wine helped - but by then the bread was cooling. I found that I was really stressing over whether or not I was doing it right. I kept wanting to call Liz and ask her if this or that was right - and of course everything was OK.

So I think this bread baking that I am jumping into just may be a wonderful new tool to learn more about myself, to learn to relax in the kitchen - or it just may be a perfect opportunity for a glass of wine every day. Either way - it's win win for me.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment