Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I baked the most delicious french baguette today. Absolutely perfect! It actually spoke my name and asked me to sit with it with a glass of wine - which I Joyfully agreed to.

I am experiencing a new Joy in eating. I am learning to savor the deliciousness of the food I eat. I don't care if the food is carry out, or home made in my beautiful kitchen, I love tasting every bite. Tonight for dinner I sauteed garlic, onions, sweet red pepper, strips of steak and lastly fresh tomato and topped with feta cheese. The aroma from my kitchen filled the house, and when Jim and I sat down to eat, I could only hummmmmmm with delight. I could hear Jim hummmmmmming too as he sliced more of the fresh bread.

I am learning, as I bake my bread, that food is source energy, And in that context, I can't help but feel extravagant Joy for the food I eat. I have learned, while banging around in my kitchen and perusing beautiful recipes, that eating should be pleasurable - not just something I have to do everyday. A new concept: Eating for pleasure - I'm adding that to my Joy list!!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment