Thursday, December 10, 2009

Relief - that is the Joy I feel today. I have been without a computer for a few days, and prior to that babysitting for our three grandsons. Trying to write with 3 little guys running around, I have found, is impossible.

So relief today that my new Apple computer is hooked up, and I am learning my way around the new settings. But tremendous Joy to be writing again. I have missed it terribly.

I love living here in Collierville, and I wake grateful every morning for this wonderful and Joyful experience. Jim and I have spent several hours over the past few days looking at neighborhoods and trying to decide on a new home. We have been into Memphis everyday, and it is hard to describe the "feeling" here, the area seems so "alive"! It is such a bustling area, all the shoppers are bundled against the cold, and everyone is happy and friendly. I made a new friend in the shoe department of the local Steinmart store, and it was so fun to have conversations like we had known each other forever!

Our neighbors left a box of Christmas cookies outside our door tonight, and we are enjoying the hospitality with every bite. A fire is blazing in the fireplace, and we are tucked in and cozy for the night. And although is is very cold, and I remember clearly how warm Florida is today, I am thrilled to be here, with my long cuddle duds, boots and leather gloves, and a beautiful scarf working to keep out the chill. I am right where I am suppose to be - right where I want to be - and I am LOVING it!

I finished decorating the Christmas tree this morning and I am eagerly looking forward to the holidays. Jenn will be here with us, so the whole family will be together, and I feel this wonderful jumble in my stomach as I think of all of us being together. We will be following some old family traditions, and as always, creating new ones too with friends and family. And I embrace our traditions, old and new, and our new friends with open arms. Ahhhh - Relief.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment