Sunday, December 20, 2009

I returned home late last night from my trip North to visit family. It was wonderful to spend time with them, but I am happy to be home writing.

Spending time with family always offers the opportunity for growth, and this visit was no exception. I had plenty of time to reflect on where I am today, and the path and people who have led me here. And it is always strangely wonderful to return home to see the sameness that I remember well, but to also see the changes that time has forced upon us that we cannot ignore.

I hear stories of cousins that were little children the last time I saw them and cannot comprehend their grandchildren. I visit my nephews that are now grown men with wives and children, and I am amazed at their growth. I feel I have missed most of their Journey, so I stand in awe and appreciation of their successful travels.

I visit with Rudy, who technically is my niece, but feels more like a soul mate, and always has. It is amazing the connection you can have with others, and Rudy is one of those very special people in my life. I usually see her once every several years, and yet the Joy of reuniting is beyond words. Our visits are always too short, and never enough words are said.

I know that I will never move back "home", but the Joy of visiting people who you love this much pulls you back again and again.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment