Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I am enjoying a lovely evening of wrapping gifts, addressing Christmas cards, and packing for my trip to Indiana tomorrow. I am spending a few days with my Mom and Dad. I have not stayed overnight in their home for over 30 years, yet I am looking forward to this visit. Some time ago I read a book that says we choose our parents. So last January I felt I had to visit my Mom & Dad and understand why I might have chosen them. Since that time, I have made peace in my heart with that decision, and a better understanding of my life has unfolded. And while I didn't have the perfect childhood, I know that everything has worked out for the best.

I have also read that when you know what you don't like, you are able to expand and reach for what you do like and/or want. That expansion has made me reach for many things in my life that are very different from what was expected of me. And as I close my day with thanks to my angels, I include a thank you for all that is past, and all that is coming!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment