Friday, December 25, 2009

It is Christmas evening and we have had a wonderful day. I have not written for several days and I feel a longing to get back to my writing.

Recently, as I made my morning trek around the lake in the blowing rain, I was so thrilled that I had not slept in and skipped my morning walk. Although it was certainly tempting with the rain, I knew my day would be better, more Joyful, for my effort. I was not disappointed. The clouds were swirling so fast it was almost dizzying, and just as I ended my walk and headed home, the clouds broke for just a brief moment and I saw blue and pink sky with the yellow sun trying to break through. The sun did not make it out for the rest of the day, but my Joy for having seen that brief moment, that beautiful glimpse, satisfied something within me.

Christmas satisfies something within me too. I love giving gifts to those I love. I love cooking everyone's favorite dishes. I love cramming the Christmas stockings to overflowing. I love the conversation that floats throughout the day and the memories we all share. I love the kisses and hugs, but most of all, I love the Joy we all feel at this time. That peaceful Joy that permeates our souls, and allows us for a brief moment, so see only beauty.

Here's to the Journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment