Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tough Questions


This evening I picked up Tucker and Rollin to spend the night with us. Usually when I am driving the boys they talk to me, sing songs, play games, and tell jokes. Tonight was a new indication that they are passing this stage. All the way home they played "battle" games of shooting down helicopters. Launching missiles pulling in the tanks, etc. They did not have toys to play with, they were just using their imaginations.

Then, just as I was turning into our neighborhood, Tucker very seriously asked Rollin this question: "Would you eat guts if it would save you from being eaten by a Wolf?" Rollin pondered this question for some time, asked Tucker a few confirmation questions, then finally decided that Yes, he would eat guts if it would save his life and he would not be eaten by a wolf.

As we all got out of the car, I reminded the boys that they would not have to eat guts or worry about wolves at my house. And I reminded myself that listening in on young boy's conversations is going to teach me more ways to explore Joy.

Joy is confidently answering the tough questions in life!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment