Saturday, March 19, 2011

Simple Pleasures


I spent most of the morning today with some beautiful women. And after the day was over, I realized that although I had admired many of them, I did not speak my admiration, or compliment them in any way. I sat by Christine, and while I admired her pretty pink and black and white sundress, I did not say the words. Grandma wore a beautiful pair of earrings, and again, words did not come. Liz looked so beautiful with her white scarf, fitted jeans and tiny little TOMS, and still I let the time together pass without the words. I chatted with a woman for several minutes who wore the cutest heeled shoes and black polka dot socks, and several times I thought the words, but sadly, I did not say them.

Tonight, as I thought about my day, I realized how I had let wonderful opportunities to increase my Joy and the Joy of others to slip past me. While I realize that I am always doing the best that I can at any given moment, I also know that with this realization, I will be more open to express admiration. For in doing this small thing of saying the words, I increase the simple pleasures of my life - and my pleasure will create Joy for others too. Here's to saying the words! and.........

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment