Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sewing Joy!


I spent most of yesterday cutting out patterns to make a dress, a jacket and some slacks. I have had a strong desire for a very long time now to sew and I am slowly taking steps in that direction. A few patterns, a little fabric and a picture in my minds eye and I know I will be creating some beautiful things.

Today, as I sewed a button back on my favorite sweater I felt satisfaction at my little creation. I know buttons are not that big a deal, yet for me it feels like I am being guided (maybe propelled) to my sewing. The simple action of re-attaching a button felt like an urging to get that pattern pinned to the fabric. to break out the Fiskars (which are reserved ONLY to cut fabric) and get busy.

And now, my fabric is spread on the dining table. My pin cushion, neatly filled with pins, is ready to slip onto my wrist. My scissors are gleaming in the lamp light. And I have only to glide around the table - pinning, snipping and cutting - to bring to fruition this long held dream of a beautiful "something" designed, created, and crafted uniquely for me.

This is sounding like Joy to me!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment