Thursday, March 31, 2011

Practicing My ABC's


I have begun my 3rd 40 day writing practice. Finishing Day 2 and still trying to consciously make changes to my writing. After 80 days of practicing the letter S, I still revert to my old script as I signed a check today and I realize that another 40 days are needed. (Maybe more)

I wrote today in my Book of Positive Aspects and as I write each word I must be here - giving attention - consciously instructing my hand to move in this new way. Often I cross a word out, or re-write a letter of a word over and over. I have filled pages and pages with letters and words, with my signature and initials, more words, more names, more practice.

After every practice there is a pride I feel for my effort. The pages may not be exactly as I had hoped, but I know I have been present, -mostly, and I am humbled by this experience - this practice of writing.

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment