Friday, October 23, 2009

Today is Friday, and Friday ALWAYS seem more joyful! I know I am wrapping up the week, and I have two wonderful days to spend in my beautiful house.

I have started packing for our move to Tennessee, and I love packing our house! I love touching everything we own! I love remembering the stories of where this or that came from, where we bought this, who gave us that.......everything in our house has a story. And those stories fill me with Joy! Tonight I packed a mouse that Jenn made in second grade, and a dinosaur that Liz made four years later when she was in second grade. I have a heart hand print from Jenn dated 1983 that says she loves me. She was only 5 at the time and Liz was barely one year old. All of these details bring their own Joy.

I packed the case that holds Jim's medals and memorabilia from when he was in Viet Nam, and I feel tremendous Joy that even though I did not know him at the time, he returned safely to love me.

Now I am getting ready to pack up my office. I can hardly bear to put my books away. But, oh, in a few weeks when I finally unpack everything that I have so lovely packed now, I will be amazed at the beautiful things I pull from the boxes as though I had never seen them. And the books will thrill me as I line them on a book shelf some where in Tennessee - with a mouse and dinosaur as beautiful book ends. I can hardly wait!
Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment